Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Holiday Flicks

I spent the holidays watching movies...Here's my rundown:

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou--a must-see. Bill Murray in a speedo, Owen Wilson with a Kentucky accent, David Bowie in Portuguese...what more do you want? I saw it twice.

Bottle Rocket--the Belcourt was having a Wes Anderson retrospective. This movie rocks...seeing it on the big screen made me buy it on DVD. Favorite line: "They can't catch me because I'm f***ing innocent!"

Closer-- A beautifully disturbing movie. Don't go see it with a date!

Ocean's Twelve--Fun, fun, fun. I'm still a bigger fan of Ocean's 11, but this one has its moments.

Kinsey--Laura Linney is brilliant, as usual. Also, check out Peter Sarsgaard (from Garden State). But, overall, I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events--An odd little movie. Interesting special effects and gorgeous closing credits. But, it was really so sad (not funny sad, but really sad). Not for kids at all.

I think that's it. Didn't get to see Sideways, so that's still on my list.

PS--I still have the Bill Clinton message on my answering machine. Does anyone know how I can save it for posterity?

No comments: