Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bad TV confessions

Some people are addicted to crack, or sex, or shoes, but I am addicted to bad TV (esp. bad reality TV). VH1 is my main supplier (The Surreal Life, Breaking Bonaduce, My Fair Brady, countless Bands Reunited and Behind the Musics). And the cream of the crop is, of course, Survivor. Thursday nights from 7-8pm are holy times in my house.

But, there is a new kid on the block, one that I am almost ashamed to admit that I love...America's Next Top Model. There I've said it. But, who wouldn't love Tyra Banks' over-the-top elimination voice? ("8 beautiful girls stand before me....but only 7...can go on...to compete....for the title...of...America's...Next....Top...Model!") And the clothes! And the cat fights! And the fabulously retouched photos! I am ashamed to say that even my 7 year old son is addicted to it. I am saving for his future therapy as we speak.

No comments: