Thursday, October 19, 2006

Principal Jekyll, Principal Hyde

Recently, the principal seems to have had an about-face regarding R. She has been sending me emails of apology (!) for not having a plan in place for dealing with substitutes (when R. has a sub in his regular class) and she sent me an email yesterday talking about how she thinks she and R. are bonding! Obviously, I am pleased with this turnaround...D. thinks that she finally listened to the tape of our last meeting, and decided that she needed to have a change of attitude. All I can say is that I am pleased and happy at the change, but remain cautious as I have been there before with this principal. Our IEP meeting is next Friday, so wish us all luck.

R.'s tonsillectomy has been scheduled for October 30 (the day before Halloween!). He is happy because he will get to miss an entire week of school. I am happy because this may finally help us out with his sleep apnea, bedwetting, and generally-waking-up-tired problems. It worked for his sister and I'm hoping it will work for him, too. Of course, I get to take off a week from work, also, but will spend most of the time making sure R. is comfortable and has a ready supply of popsicles, jello, and ice cream!

No comments: