Monday, October 02, 2006

Better days?

I received a call (FINALLY!) from the autism teacher for the school district on Friday. She was amazingly helpful and seemed to be the missing puzzle piece I'd been looking for in all of this. We are meeting with her, the classroom teacher, and the resource teacher on Friday, and I am hopeful that we will get everyone on the same page about what R. needs in order to have a successful year. We are meeting with the classroom teacher today to go over where he currently stands in terms of his academics, behavior, etc., in advance of Friday's meeting. Wish us luck!

We spent the weekend in my home state visiting my 90 year old grandfather for his birthday celebration (his birthday was last week). R. behaved incredibly well at the nursing home...he was very patient and even gave his great-grandfather a hug before we left. We had a funny moment, though...since my grandfather's short-term memory is not good, when I asked him what he'd had for breakfast that day, he said he hadn't had any (even though he had). Well, R. heard this and at the end of our visit, he didn't want to leave until "someone had given Papaw his breakfast!" It was really cute...

No comments: