Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy 2008

First, an R. update: He was back at school last week after the holidays for only one day when he came down with an awful cold. He was out the rest of last week and yesterday (Monday), too. So, he's back today, and I've just got my fingers crossed that he will survive the day. It's always tough for him making the transition from the holidays to his school routine, but it's even made worse by the fact that he's been out sick for so long. He goes to OT on Thursday and his psychologist on Friday, so I'm hoping that he will get back into the swing of things here shortly.

Movie update: Over the holidays, saw "Atonement," "Juno," and "Margot at the Wedding." Loved "Atonement" and "Juno," and I'm still on the fence about "Margot." Is it just me or does Nicole Kidman seem so *over* as an actress? The best part about that movie was Jack Black and his ironic mustache. As for the recent Golden Globes, I was so happy to see that Julie Christie won for "Away from Her"...an amazing film that everyone must go see now! You will probably only want to see it once, but you must see it at least once...such a sad and true and beautiful love story.

No comments: