Monday, August 22, 2005

Flowers in Bloom

Saw Broken Flowers this weekend...it was great. Surprisingly funny, and no neat Hollywood ending. Go see it if you like character-driven movies...I especially loved Sharon Stone in this one (I always like it when an actor I previously didn't like much makes me like them in a movie...Stone's performance did this for me). D. and I disagreed on the success of the ending at first, but he eventually came around. It's one of those movies that you have to let percolate for a while.

We also saw a trailer for Thumbsucker, which looks great (sort of like Igby Goes Down, perhaps?)...I'll definitely go see that when it comes out. You gotta love a movie that has Tilda Swinton and Keanu Reeves and Vince Vaughn in it!

I got a whiff of fall this morning...just faint behind the ears. My favorite season!

No comments: