Sunday, August 28, 2005

Words and Wind

The poetry reading last night at The Frothy Monkey went well. It was so much fun reading with Nancy Roche (my poetry partner in crime)...we did a "dueling poems" kind of reading that made it so much more interesting (and less nerve-wracking!), I think. I read some poems that I haven't read in public in a while, and a few new ones. All in all, a satisfying experience...

Now, we are concerned about all of our friends and relatives in the path of Hurricane Katrina. This is the one that New Orleans has been worried about for years. I hope that it doesn't turn out to be as bad as it is predicted, but I fear for the worst. Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers tonight as they are on the road or riding out the storm at home...please stay safe.

No comments: