Tuesday, November 01, 2005

More Joyce! And a movie review

Here's more about Joyce, our favorite single-monikered singing sensation (scroll down past all of the hoo-ha about Cameron Crowe to get to the good part). Who knew I was tapping into the Joyce Fever that is sweeping the nation with my last post?

Joyce Update #2: And yet still even more about Joyce (click on her picture to the left under the heading "Nice Ladies," and then on her album cover). You can even listen to a snippet of one of her songs at this website, aptly titled "I Get All Excited" (not to be confused with Rick Springfield's "I Get Excited" or the Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited). Help, Joyce is taking over my life!

I went to see Prime this past weekend, but I can only give you half a movie review, since I only saw half the movie! It was the strangest thing ever...halfway through the movie in a crucial exchange between Uma Thurman (love interest girl) and the guy (some TV star guy who I've never seen before), they start talking in digitized robot voices. For a second, I thought, "Now this is an interesting transition/effect!" But after another second, it became clear that it was a movie malfunction. I left the theater, told the management about the problem, got my raincheck for another movie, got my daughter and her friend out of the arcade (they had seen The Fog, surprisingly rated PG-13, which they proclaimed to be scary but not too gross). So, I saw most of the movie for free, and I'll get it on Netflix so that I can see the ending. What I did see was okay...the scenes with Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep (plays her therapist) were the best. I didn't really buy the romance between Uma and the TV guy.

Next movie I can't wait to see: Capote. Love, love, love me some Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.