Friday, December 09, 2005

Automotive Tiki Idol!

So, Cindy thought she could break that car curse. She even turned down giving 4 cars away to her tribemates as a talisman against the car curse. She flagrantly flaunted the car curse at Tribal Council. Didn't you ever watch the Brady Bunch episode in Hawaii, Cindy? Don't you know that you can't tempt the Tiki Gods that way? The tribe has spoken...buh-bye, Cindy.

In ANTM news, the bland midwestern looking girl won. Blah, blah, blah...Kim should've won. When does American Idol start again?

At least we have the Survivor finale to look forward to on Sunday! My sentimental favorite is Danni, just because I like her. I don't think she necessarily "deserves" to win, but she is the finalist who I'd most like to go have a drink with. But, Lydia has been my pick from way back...she's a stealth player who has flown under the radar somehow even with a clear target on her back from week 2. Go, Lydia! She's the real gamer of the bunch. Rafe is like Ian from last season, but with more of a Jesus complex. Steph is just so....Steph. I loved her last season, but she's hard to even like this time around. So, my pick is Lydia (she'll get the "sympathy" vote, much like Sandra from the Pearl Islands season). I think it will be Rafe out first, then Danni, and Steph and Lydia will be in the final 2. But, we'll see what happens, my little chickadees!

PS--I just read my older post about my final 4 being Steph, Rafe, Lydia, and Gary. I was 3 for 4...whoo-hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Cindy had an opportunity to better herself outside the game.

To begin with, the thing about the game is that, like poker, lying and advancement is part of that. People get lost inside it and forget it.

Having said that, the car thing was a moment which transcended the game. At that point she had the ability to affect the actual real lives of other people for a long time. This was no 'night away from the beach' or 'chance to spend time with a family member'. I believe that if she had been selfless in that momemt and said "this is a real chance to give something real to others that will last beyond the game" it would have come back to her.

She may still have been voted out, but a powerful act of selflessness and giving is a magical thing and changes the universe.

Specifically, I think some car dealer somewhere would have said "publicity opportunity!" and given her a much nicer car (and, of course, made a big deal out of it on TV). I think some zoo would have said "This is the kind of person we want working for us", etc. etc.

jm, who owes you $2 for losing the bet on who would win. Your Survivor intuition is amazing. ;-)

DivaMommy said...

Hey, thanks! I'll make sure to send part of my $2 to charity! :-)

I agree with you completely about Cindy and what could have happened. I also agree that it is difficult for some to look beyond the day-to-day survival out there, and see a larger picture.