Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday Sunshine

R. had a good morning...no hitting, choking others, or taking off his pants at school (yesterday's fun!)...bravo! The only wrinkle this AM was an announced fire drill. He started worrying about that the moment they announced it on the intercom first thing. I told him he had his headphones on and they would call his teacher on the intercom before the big buzz. I left with my fingers crossed. His teacher emailed me mid-morning to say that he was fine during the fire drill...no small feat. I'm really coming to love his new teacher; I think she gets it.

Oh, and R.'s new obsession (and I mean a literal obsession...he mentions it all the time) is the release of the new Lego Star Wars II video game on September 12. Their website even has a countdown clock until the big release...how nice of them to accomodate R. that way! He's taken to checking the clock online every morning and he worries that it really won't be released on Sept. 12 as they say. My mom is tapped to actually get the game for him...he asked her this weekend on the phone. She says she likes his directness. No subtleties with this kid, nosiree!

3 comments:

Al said...

I'm really enjoying reading about you and R's walk. I know it's hard, but you do a brilliant job!

DivaMommy said...

Hey, thanks! Glad to see someone is reading...and enjoying it, too!

tuesday said...

i googled my nae, tuesday sunshine, and found this page, as i began to read it i instantly thought of my child, he has adhd, and odd, but the school and being ivolved becomes a huge responsibility to everyone,which can become so overwhelming . i'll keep you in my prayers, i jus believed it was all too ironic to see this.
-tues